You can send it back to us using our Buy Back service. We’ll then put it back onto your WeSwap card.
How does it work?
Buy Back means you can send us back any foreign notes you’ve bought back from your holidays. Then, with a little help from our partners the Currency Online Group (COG), we’ll convert the currency back into GBP and put it straight onto your WeSwap account within 3 working days.
All you need to do it:
- Head to our Buy Back page and let us know what notes you’d like to send back, and how much.
- You’ll need to tell us your WeSwap account number and sort code. To get this just log in on your account:
- Under My Travel Wallet, on your home currency select Load Money
- Then select Load by bank transfer. You’ll then see your WeSwap account details.
- If you’re using the app, in your home currency wallet, select Load and then Load by bank transfer.
- Once you placed the order, it’s time to pop your currency in the post. Print out your order form and send it along with your notes. You should use Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed, in a tamper-proof envelope.
- Once we’ve received your cash we’ll convert back into GBP and load it onto your WeSwap account within 3 working days.
A few things to note:
- We only accept notes at the moment, sorry! We’d love to do a coin version in future.
- You can only have it paid to your own WeSwap account.
- We’ll give you an estimated exchange rate when you place the order. When we receive your cash we’ll then apply the rate on that day. We’ll confirm that rate by email.
- It costs 1% - 2% for major currencies like euros and dollars, and slightly more for more exotic ones.
- We’re unable to accept 500 euro notes and 1,000 Swiss franc notes.
- Please note this service is available only for customers resident in UK.
Submit a Request
If you can't find the answer you are looking for please submit a request to our customer support team.Submit