If there is a transaction which you did not make or is incorrect, we can dispute this on your behalf.
Try using this handy checklist before going through the disputes process. It could save you a tenner.
- Checked all your receipts and cross checked this with your account activities.
- Checked your transactions.
- On your dashboard, click Activity to view your transactions
- You can select filters to narrow your views.
- You may see a tab saying Spent in … followed by the country code with an amount to the right and a date under it. Click this to see a full breakdown of what you spent.
- The amount next to Spent in … is the total you spent in that time period in a particular country.
- Checked with the merchant if they have made a mistake.
Some examples of disputes:
- Fraudulent transactions: If you do not recognize the merchant or the value of the transaction or your card details were used without your permission.
- Incorrect amount debited: When you are charged more than what you agreed to. Remember that security deposits for hotels, cruises and rentals and offline transactions such as petrol stations and toll booths are slightly different cases, which won’t require a dispute. Click here to find out more about that.
- Non-receipt of goods or services: You paid for something which you did not receive.
How long does it take?
A dispute will usually take 45 days to be fully investigated by Mastercard, during this time, the merchant has the opportunity to challenge the dispute and send a response to Mastercard advising they will not refund the funds.
The 45 days processing time starts from the date that Mastercard confirms they have opened the dispute. It can take up to 5 working days for Mastercard to confirm they have received the dispute form.
You can get in touch with us from the contact form below, and we will provide you with the dispute form. Fill it in and send it to us including the following details:
- Enter only the first and last 4 digit of your WeSwap card
- Any receipts showing cancelled or void transactions
- Any correspondence or confirmation of cancelled transactions you have from the merchant
- The merchant name
- The amount that you are disputing
- The date and time of the transaction
- Any documents that would support your dispute
We cannot raise a dispute with Mastercard without the dispute form completed. To send us your dispute form now, click on the submit a request button below.
Please be aware that if the dispute is unsuccessful, meaning the merchant has challenged the dispute, we will charge you the £10 chargeback fee.
Note: Contactless transactions cannot be disputed.
Submit a Request
If you can't find the answer you are looking for please submit a request to our customer support team.Submit