We can refund your WeSwap balance to the account you loaded your card from, but we do charge a £5 fee for this.
It usually works out cheaper if you withdraw your funds from an ATM. ATM fees are often less than £5 or it’s free to withdraw up to £250 a month from ATMs (after that we will apply a small fee of 2.5% thereafter).
Remember, swap fees are never more than 2% either and you can use your card in your home currency in shops or online. Just be aware of the limits.
If you still want a refund, just follow the instructions below:
- If you’re money isn’t in your home currency wallet, you’ll need to swap it back to your home currency. You can do this via the app or dashboard, choosing any of the swap options. We can also swap it back for you with 2% instant swap fees, just let us know in your email.
- You’ll then need to request the refund via email. So please email email@example.com, with this information:
- Card holder name
- Reason for your refund
- Refund amount
- The name of your bank (e.g. Barclays)
- Bank sort code
- Bank account number
- BIC/Swift number (don't worry if you don't have this)
- Bank Branch
- Confirmation that you’re happy to pay the £5 fee
Once we’ve received the above information and you’ve had confirmation from us that we can process the refund, it usually takes 3 to 5 working days for the funds to reach your bank account.
If you loaded via debit card you won’t need to send us your bank account details, as the refund will be done to the original loading method, please only confirm that you agree with it.
Please note: If part of your balance is from an unspent promotional, this bonus is not refundable. We’ll leave it on your card, and you’ll be able to spend it anytime. There’s more on that in our T&Cs.
* For all users who registered prior to 08/05/2017 immediate swap fee is 1.4%
Submit a Request
If you can't find the answer you are looking for please submit a request to our customer support team.Submit