The 3DS is an authentication process for online payments, it appears during the payment checkout after you have entered your card details.
This is initiated by the website where you are making your purchase. So, if you attempt to make a purchase on a website that has the 3DS enabled, we will tell them that it is really you, the cardholder, making the purchase.
Not all merchants are 3DS enabled. You will be able to see the Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode logo on any site wherever the 3DS is enabled.
WeSwap and 3DS
When you are using your WeSwap card online on a 3DS enabled website, once you have entered your card details at the checkout, you will be asked by the merchant’s website to approve the transaction in the WeSwap App.
To complete the verification:
- You will receive a push notification*, click on in and you will be redirected to the WeSwap App (please note that, if you are not logged in the App, you will not receive the push notification. In this case, you will need to log in in the App first to see the verification screen)
- Enter the passcode or biometric authentication (if you set it up) to log in
- You will be redirected to the 3DS screen, here you can see the name of the merchant, the amount and a 5-minute timer will tell you how long you have to confirm the transaction
- To accept the transaction, click on Confirm (if you do not want to, click on Reject)
- Enter the passcode or biometric authentication (if you set it up) to confirm your choice
- A new screen will confirm you if the 3DS procedure went fine
After confirming the transaction in the WeSwap App, you will need to proceed on the merchant’s website.
*Please make sure you have your push notification turned on on your phone settings. You can review this in the WeSwap App under Settings – App Settings.