Before swapping to a new currency (we do have 32 "wallet currencies"), you need to add the wallet for this currency to your account:
- Click on the Wallet icon on the top right of the screen
- Select the yellow plus at the bottom right of the screen
- Select the wallet you want to add
- A pop up will ask you to confirm that you want to add that specific currency - select Confirm to proceed (or Cancel to go back to the currencies list).
You'll see the message Wallet added, the currency wanted has now been added to the wallet list.
By default your favourite/primary wallet is set up in GBP, however you can change this by:
- Click on the wallet icon on the top-right of the screen, you will see the list of your available currencies wallets (check here how to add a wallet)
- Tap on the currency wallet you want to set as favourite/primary - click on Set as primary
You can only have one favourite/primary wallet and this will be the first wallet you see when you open the App.
How will the card know which wallet to take from?
Your WeSwap card is smart - it will first check whether you have enough of the right currency in your wallets, before using the balance you have available in other currency wallets.
So, if you’re in America and you have enough dollars in your USD wallet to cover the transaction, then that is where the money will be taken from.
If you don’t have enough USD in your wallet, then it will use your favourite/primary wallet balance.
If you don't have enough funds for the transaction amount in your favourite/primary wallet, then it will check the other currency wallets and if there is a sufficient balance you will be charged in any of those.